22 And the Lord spake unto Moses, saying,
23 Speak unto Aaron and unto his sons, saying, On this wise ye shall bless the children of Israel, saying unto them,
24 The Lord bless thee, and keep thee:
25 The Lord make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:
26 The Lord lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.
27 And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel, and I will bless them.
Praise and Worship
What is Praise and Worship?
– is to bless, to glorify, to thank and declare the goodness of God, for who he is and what he has done.
– It is an act of humble submission to God, to honour and bow our knees to his wonderful presence for God is totally worthy to be worshipped.
-It is our response to his presence. Worship is to show reverence and awe to him.
“Let’s Praise the Lord”
An outline on PSALM 150:1-5 by Reginald P. Pamintuan
- We are invited to Praise the Lord (V.1)
- Who are Invited
- Let Everything that Has Breath (V.6)
- Means Everyone
- Why do we need to praise God?
- We Praise the Living God For Who He is “HIS SURPASSING GREATNESS (v. 2)
- We Praise the Living God For What He Has Done “HIS ACTS OF POWER”(v.2)
- In His Sanctuary (v. 1)
- In His Mighty Heavens (v.1)
- Wind Instruments “Sounding of Trumpets” (v.3), Flute (V4)
- Harp and Lyre Family(V.3)
- Strings (v.4)
- Dance (v.4)
- Resounding cymbals
- Clash of Cymbals
- We are Called to Praise God
- We are Taught why we must praise Him
- We are Taught How to praise Him.
On the Side:
Q: How about singing?
A: Yes we are to Praise God Using Singing Eph. 5:19
Q: How about Modern Instruments?
- Yes we are to praise God using Instruments as prescribed by the bible or its modern day equivalent. As long as it has not been used in pagan worship or have demonic orientation.
2 Cor. 12:14
14 The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Ghost, be with you all. Amen.
1 Chronicles 4:10King James Version (KJV)
10 And Jabez called on the God of Israel, saying, Oh that thou wouldest bless me indeed, and enlarge my coast, and that thine hand might be with me, and that thou wouldest keep me from evil, that it may not grieve me! And God granted him that which he requested.
THE LORD’S PRAYER
Matthew 6:9-13 New International Version (NIV)
9 “This, then, is how you should pray:
“‘Our Father in heaven,
hallowed be your name,
10 your kingdom come,
your will be done,
on earth as it is in heaven.
11 Give us today our daily bread.
12 And forgive us our debts,
as we also have forgiven our debtors.
13 And lead us not into temptation,[a]
but deliver us from the evil one.[b]’
SPIRITUAL WARFARE BASICS
Authority in the Name of Jesus (Mark 16:16-19)
- Brings Salvation
- Brings Spiritual Power and Gifts
- Cast out Demons
The Blood of Jesus
The Blood of Jesus is Powerful.
- The Blood of Jesus Cleanses us from all our unrighteousness (1 John 1:7-9)
- The Blood of Jesus gives us access to the Presence of the Lord (Heb. 10:19)
- The Blood of Jesus Protects us from the enemy’s attacks (Exodus 12)
- The Blood of Jesus Gives us power to overcome the devil (Rev. 12:10-11)
The Armor of God
The Armor of God was given to us to protect us against the attack of the Enemy. For we fight against the Enemies of Darkness that cannot be seen.
The Armor is described in Ephesian 6:10-18
- The Belt of Truth
- The Breast Plate of Righteousness
- The Helmet of Salvation
- The Sandals of Readiness
- The Shield of Faith
- The Sword of the Spirit
The Two Great commandments
Matthew 22:37-39King James Version (KJV)
37 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.
38 This is the first and great commandment.
39 And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
- With all thy
As you love yourself
(With Care and respect)
Galatians 5:22-23New King James Version (NKJV)
22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness, self-control. Against such there is no law.
WHAT IS PRAYER?
Prayer is defined as a form of communication with God. Prayer is also defined by many as:
- Way of talking to God
- Asking God
- Way of Having relationship and conversation with God
- Calling on the Name of the Lord
- Calling on the Lord
- Bringing Oneself to God
- Seeking God
- Drawing near to the throne room of God
- Humbling oneself to God
- Asking Something from God
Prayer is simple defined as a man’s mean of talking to God and having fellowship with Him.
The Bible teaches us a lot of truths about prayer.
We are commanded and told to pray1Thes. 5:17
Why do we need to Pray?
We need to pray because it is important.
- Prayer Allows us to Voice out Our Petition or requests to God –James 4:2-3
- Prayer Increases our spiritual knowledge and maturity
- Prayer Helps us Overcome Temptation Luke 4/ Mat. 4
- Breakthrough and Favour see Book of Esther
- Protection and Salvation (Ps. 91)
- Changes our Situations ex. Paul and Silas in Prison Acts 16
- Gives solutions to problems and trials – Jas.5:13
- Gives Freedom from all that holds men Jas. 5:13-17
How to Pray?
Below is a simple biblical way how to pray and have answered prayers.
F- FAITH Heb. 11:6, Jas. 1:5-7
A- Adoration- Mat. 6, Ps. 100:4
C-Contrition- 1 John 1:7-9
S-Supplication and Intercession-1 Tim. 2:1-4
THE NAME OF JESUS (John 16:23